Connect With God and Others Grow In Faith and Love Serve One another
First United Methodist Church
The brick church at the present site was built in 1880 for $12,000. There was a wooden church at the site prior to 1880. The educational wing was built in 1966 and the new addition which contains a gym and full kitchen was constructed in 2000. The church has 350 members and it's average weekly attendance averages 300. The church is especially noted for its outstanding music program and ministry to children. It is ethnically diverse and includes folks of all ages.
The building is used by dozens of community groups (Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Red Cross Blood Drives, etc.). One of the main reasons that the addition was put on in 2000 was to accommodate all the community groups that want to use the facility.
The worship, preaching, and church programs are Bible based and practical for everyday life. We hope to be friendly and provide you with a church home.